Does my insurance need notifications if I renovate my home?
Yes please! Renovations are definitely one of the circumstances that require you to update your home insurance policy. We offer a builders risk endorsement to be added to your policy. Before construction starts, call an aha insurance broker to review your renovation project and requirements for the best insurance solution.
Also call us if:
- You’ve started a home-based business
- Finished your basement or added a pool
- Your home is vacant or unoccupied for a period of time
- You’ve acquired some valuable belongings and would like to review your policy limits
- Any of your renovations are valued at over $10,000 – this would require a new evaluation on the property to make sure it’s properly insured to value