Secure your stuff for less with the best tenant insurance.
Tenant insurance that’s easy, easy and—yep, you guessed it—easy.
Easy to Get
Answer a few simple questions and in 3 minutes we’ll hook you up with your low guaranteed rate.
Easy to Buy
All it takes is a couple more minutes and a couple more clicks to score that sweet, sweet insurance. Do it online, or go old school and give us a call.
Easy to Own
Make updates and manage your insurance online whenever you want. Like when your roommate decides to practice drums at 2 am.
Get your bundle on & save!
Want even cheaper insurance? Save up to 50% on home and up to 18% on car insurance when you bundle them.
You shouldn’t need a PhD to understand your insurance.
You won’t find any complicated industry jargon or legalese here.
We’ll always give it to you straight. That goes for everything—including FAQs.
Q: If I'm renting, why do I need insurance?
You may not own the space, but you own the stuff! And your stuff should be protected. Tenant insurance provides coverage for three things:
- Your personal property (things you own, like furniture, electronics and clothes).
- Additional living expenses (if you have to live somewhere else while your unit is being repaired under a claim).
- Liability coverage (to protect you in case a person is injured or their property is damaged while they’re in your space).
Q: What is claims forgiveness?
Claims forgiveness is an optional addition to your tenant insurance policy. In the event of your first property claim, that claim will be waived as if it never happened. Your rates won’t increase due to the claim, and you’ll maintain your claims-free discount. Upon your renewal, if you make another claim, it will be treated as your first.
Q: What should I do when I go on vacation? Does someone need to check on my apartment?
Whether you’re taking off for a weekend getaway or a a longer vacation, you always want to make sure:
- Doors and windows are shut and locked.
- Gates to the backyard are closed.
- All faucets and water sources are shut off.
- Big electronic items are unplugged.
If you’re gone for more than four consecutive days during a season when you would normally heat your home, insurance companies may not cover any loss or damage if any part of a plumbing, heating, or air conditioning system freezes.
Take the following precautions:
- Have someone you trust visit your place to maintain the heating for each day you’re gone.
- Shut off the water supply and drain all the pipes, as well as any domestic water containers.
- Have your heating system connected by a monitored alarm to a 24-hour service station.
Whenever you’re planning a trip, it’s best to double-check the terms of your policy to make sure you’ve got enough coverage.
Q: How can I reduce my tenant insurance premiums?
To ensure you have the best tenant insurance, we encourage you to review your renewal each year, which you can do online. Login to your account, then look under My Policies and Important Docs. Here are some options you have to reduce your premium:
- Increase your deductible.
- Bundle your tenant’s insurance and your auto insurance with aha.
- Re-assess the value of your contents.
Google Rating: 4.8
Hot Dang! Those are some beautiful words from beautiful people.