Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the Business Underwriting Analyst will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to ensure that appropriate processes are embedded into the operational platforms. You will work with the broker team, the marketing team, the development team, and other key stakeholders to ensure business goals are achieved. The Business Underwriting Analyst can make everyone more productive by creating custom workflows and ensuring best in class product delivery through smart and creative management of product rules, mapping, modeling, designing and more. The role will require you to be integral to the business and the first person to be contacted for changes and new features to our applications.
Who We Are:
We are an Ontario based brokerage who have identified the frustration of Canadians with respect to the purchase of auto, home, and lifestyle insurance
To meet this unmet need, we:
- Deliver brand/identity that effectively sell into these audiences
- Offer a fully online Quote-Buy-Fulfill-Self Serve customer experience supported by a fully licensed call centre
- Apply quality principles and practices to establish a strategic approach and to improve the organization’s operations and productivity. This includes handling processes to support the organization’s strategic direction and communicating, facilitating and supporting necessary changes for continuous improvement
- Responding to internal and third-party stakeholder’s questions, concerns or challenges
- Resolving product or service problems and business needs and challenges as required. This includes clarifying the need, determining cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, making recommendations, and following-up to ensure resolution
- Responsible for communication – including communicating existing processes, updated processes, and coordinating activities between key stakeholders including Marketing, Operations, IT, and Third-Party vendors
- Collaborating with stakeholders to elicit requirements and effectively plan for, manage and communicate requirements and applicable system designs
- Analyzing complex business problems and working with product owners and vendor teams to assess how systems and business processes can be implemented
- Working with our architects and developers to model and document requirements, including workflow, user interface, data models, functional designs, and testing plans
- Developing test strategies and test plans for the execution of test plans in conjunction with business units, QA Lead, and the Project Manager
- Support design sessions in documenting and designing new systems/enhancements to enhance business processes, operations, and information flow
- Writing unambiguous, verified requirements to a testable level (functional and non-functional requirements)
Who We’re Looking for:
- You know home & auto insurance. Perhaps you’re already in a BA role within the P&C world or perhaps you’ve been a broker or underwriter. Regardless, you understand the products and the underwriting process. This depth of knowledge is critical to success. We are thinking somewhere in the 5-10 year range.
- You enjoy looking for efficiencies and consistencies in process and driving continuous improvement
- Your work ethic drives you to take on large challenges and see them through to completion. You’re also not afraid to put your hand up.
- You collaborate well will others, sharing your ideas, listening to and integrating the best solution for all parties
- You’ve got exceptional communication skills – both verbally and written
- You’re very organized, resourceful, fast, and have impeccable attention to detail
- You’re effective and calm when working under pressure
- You’re professional, friendly, and courteous — bonus points for a good sense of humour
- You’re always open to learning and expanding your skills
- You’re a self starter who enjoys working independently and as part of a team
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- You’re are an analytical thinker and have great problem-solving skills
- You enjoy the experience of helping bridge business needs with technical solutions
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience but you know you have what it takes, be sure to tell us why in your application.
What You’ll Experience:
- An incredible team of smart, diverse, and supportive people that want to help you be better at what you do
- Great benefits, ongoing education, and competitive pay
- Unexpected perks to keep things fun
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.