Open Position: SEO Specialist
aha insurance is an insurance brokerage that believes in making insurance as painless as possible for Canadians. We believe in using technology to streamline the whole “insurance” thing just as much as we believe in personable customer service over the phone. We’re looking for people who want to grow as much as we do.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable search engine optimization specialist to join our marketing team! As the SEO Specialist you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing our SEO strategy (no surprises there). Our online presence is extremely important for the success of business, so this position will play a huge role in driving the team’s growth and success.
This is an individual contributor role, so you need to be comfortable working independently on a variety of projects with minimal supervision and managing yourself. The focus of this role will be on technical SEO and off-page SEO. We absolutely believe in the power of content but are looking for someone to manage that as part of the larger SEO strategy (rather than someone to write it).
There is also a light managerial element to the role, as you’ll be formulating strategies and managing some external resources to achieve them, such as freelance writers.
Lastly (but not least), this is an active role. Keeping the website in good health is important but we’re really looking for someone who wants to build a traffic engine, brick by brick—not just finding the occasional duplicate title tag.
P.S. We are working completely remote, though we are open to discussing an in-office arrangement if you are local and all safety measures can be met.
What you need:
- 2-3 years of experience in digital marketing and SEO. Technical and off-page SEO are the focus here.
- Moderate-to-excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Experience with SEO tools such as SEMrush, ahrefs, and/or Screaming Frog.
- Communication skills. You need these to convey efforts and wins internally as much as you need them to win partnerships and links for off-page SEO.
- Technical SEO chops are a must. GTmetrix, Lighthouse, and Pingdom Tools should ring a bell.
- Knowledge of core web vitals and the general trends of Google updates.
- Strong self-management and (informal) project management skills.
- Experience with WordPress. This doesn’t have to be developer-level knowledge, but you do need to know your way around the user interface.
- Experience with Google Analytics, naturally.
What’s nice to have:
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and/or personal finance.
- Experience with Divi software (we have another expert on staff who knows this too!)
- Experience with ActiveCampaign software.
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager.
- Experience with Google Data Studio (it makes reporting a lot easier!).
- Solid verbal communication skills. Working remotely means a lot of shared Zoom calls with executives and individual contributors in the same virtual room.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Bringing a vision for an integrated SEO and content strategy.
- Keeping a constant eye out for opportunities to optimize the website for further organic traffic.
- Performing technical and performance audits on a regular basis to improve and maintain website health.
- Perform keyword research for content calendars, landing pages, and guest posts.
- Create editorial calendars for freelance writers to follow.
- Monitor website speed.
- Prepare reports regularly.
- Keeping up with Google updates to put the company ahead of the curve.
- Working with the rest of the marketing team to meet deadlines and lend support when and where needed.
aha Insurance encourages innovation, promotes enthusiasm, offers a distinctive and progressive corporate culture and a safe and considerate working environment. aha offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits: including professional development, RRSP contribution, and career advancement.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, we will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please keep in mind that only those selected for interviews will be contacted due to the sheer volume of submissions that we receive.
How are we doing?
How are we doing?