Open Position: Customer Sales Broker
Since the launch of aha insurance in 2017 we haven’t wavered from our commitment to change the way insurance is experienced in the Canadian marketplace. We’re an omni-channel insurance brokerage that believes in utilizing technology to enhance the customer experience – if that’s what our customers choose. And for those customers that would prefer to chat, we’re there for them too. Regardless of the channel, our focus is to provide customers with an insurance experience they’ve never had before.
The Customer Sales Broker will report to the Vice-President of Operations. This broker all-star will primarily be responsible for proactively generating sales opportunities, managing an ongoing list of leads and selling and servicing the needs of our business insurance client database.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Accountable for achieving monthly sales targets
- Ability to respond to high volume of online and incoming calls on a daily basis
- Closing sales via telephone and online leads
- Responds to client request and inquires in a prompt and professional manner
- Analyzes, counsels and recommends coverage to clients with the highest level of integrity
- Ensure adherence to internal and external underwriting rules, regulations and procedures
- Provides cross sell and upsell recommendations to existing clientele
- Collects expiry dates on other lines of business from existing clientele
- In-depth understanding of various insurance providers underwriting rules & product features and benefits
- Responds to insurance company underwriters in a timely manner
- Actively participate in training initiatives
- Performs other related duties as required
Requirements – Qualities – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- RIBO license is mandatory
- Minimum of five years sales experience (including both inbound and outbound)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency with computer applications and an efficient digital enabler
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Results oriented with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work in fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands independently
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
aha Insurance encourages innovation, promotes enthusiasm, offers a distinctive and progressive corporate culture and a safe and considerate working environment. aha offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits: including professional development, RRSP contribution and career advancement.
Interested sales brokers should forward their resume in confidence, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How are we doing?
How are we doing?